Application Procedures for PhD in Medicinal Chemistry
Requirements to be admitted into the program:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Bachelors Degree
- Apply for Medicinal and Natural Products Chemistry in the College of Pharmacy by accessing the application online. When filling out the program of study, please choose College of Pharmacy code: 146, and specify your sub area of interest and degree objective as Medicinal and Natural Products Chemistry. To find out more about the online application process, click here.
- Upload required supplemental documents through your Admissions Profile on ISIS (Iowa Student Information Service). After you submit your application, you will receive an email with instructions on how to establish your HawkID and password in order to access your Admissions Profile on ISIS. Documents include a Pharmacy PhD Supplemental Application.
- Submit an application, the required supplemental documents and fee by the April 15th application deadline. PLEASE NOTE: To be considered for University of Iowa Fellowship Programs your completed application and ALL supporting documents must be in our office by February 20th. We will still accept applications until April 15th, but to qualify for these University of Iowa Fellowships, we need all documents by February 20th.
- Required supplemental documents include:
- Personal Statement or Statement of Purpose.
- Official Undergraduate Transcripts - sent directly from the school to the address below.
- The GRE is required. Scores must be sent to the University of Iowa, the University of Iowa code number is 6681.
- Three letters of reference are required. They can be sent to the address below or emailed directly to the Division Head, Robert Kerns at email@example.com.
- The Pharmacy PhD Supplemental Application.
- We begin reviewing applications in January.
- In March we will contact candidates for interview. Interviews will take place in late March, or early April. Candidates will be contacted by the college if selected for an interview.
Please send all items to:
Medicinal and Natural Products Chemistry
The University of Iowa
College of Pharmacy
115 S Grand Av, S311 PHAR
Iowa City, IA 52242
Items can be emailed to him at firstname.lastname@example.org.