How to Apply to Our PharmD Program
Before you apply for the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) Program at the University of Iowa College of Pharmacy, you must have had satisfactorily completed all pre-professional coursework, and at least 12 semester hours of general education electives.
To apply for the PharmD Program:
- Be on track to complete the pre-pharmacy coursework.
- In the fall semester before the year in which you are seeking admission, apply via PharmCAS.
- Submit the required supplemental application, https://forms.pharmacy.uiowa.edu/OAASupplemental/New, and related fee ($100) by the December 1, 2016 application deadline. The non-refundable supplemental application fee must be sent in addition to any fees collected by PharmCAS.
- The Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) is required. Scores must be sent to PharmCAS using Code Number 104. (Note: We will not accept scores sent directly to the University of Iowa.) The test must be completed prior to the December 1, 2015 application deadline. Scores from the January 2017 PCAT will NOT be accepted for Fall 2017 admission. PCAT scores are valid for 2 years.
- Two letters of reference are required. They should be processed through the PharmCAS application service.
- Personal interviews will be required. Candidates will be contacted by the college if selected for an interview in late 2016/early 2017.
Not ready to apply?
Find out more about our PharmD program.