The University of Iowa and College of Pharmacy Commitments to Diversity
Renewing the Iowa Promise: “Great Opportunities—Bold Expectations”
- Diversity is among the seven interdependent values outlined in the Strategic Plan For the University of Iowa 2010-2016, along with excellence, learning, community, integrity, respect and responsibility.
- Additionally, the Strategic Plan For the University of Iowa 2005-2010 states that one of the goals for the University is “to promote excellence in education by increasing the diversity of the faculty, staff, and students” at the University of Iowa.
- The College of Pharmacy supports these strategic plans and has aligned the mission of the College of Pharmacy Diversity Committee to reflect the goals stated in The Iowa Promise.
- The College of Pharmacy Strategic Plan FY11 – FY13 (PDF)
The College of Pharmacy Diversity Committee
- Our mission is to foster, facilitate and enhance diversity in all College of Pharmacy endeavors through education, advocacy and empowerment.
- The College of Pharmacy administration, Student Council and Diversity Committee support or sponsor Martin Luther King, Jr. Human Rights Week events at the College and work with other University of Iowa colleges and organizations in supporting campus-wide events.
The College of Pharmacy Diversity Stimulus Award
Currently accepting nominations for the 2012 award until March 26th, 2012!
- Designed to honor individuals, programs, divisions and student organizations engaged in diversity initiatives which promote the development of an inclusive, diverse community.
- Diversity Stimulus Award 2012 Nomination Form (PDF)
Faculty and Staff Diversity
- The College of Pharmacy is committed to employing a diverse workforce and welcomes applications for open positions from women and members of underrepresented minorities.
- The University of Iowa, among the first public universities in the United States to admit women and minorities, has a long history of commitment to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or associational preference.
- More information about diversity at Iowa can be found at the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity.
- The College of Pharmacy is committed to a diverse student body, and to preparing students to become part of a diverse healthcare workforce for the future.
Student Enrollment Statistics
- Total minority enrollment in the College is 13.9%
- 3.8% of students are African American/Black
- 2.7% are Hispanic/Latino(a)
- 0.4% are American Indian/Alaskan Native
- 7.0% are Asian/Pacific Islander/Native Hawaiian
- Additionally, 10.6% are international students, for a total minority and international student enrollment of 24.5%