How to Apply to Our Graduate Program
To apply for the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program:
The early application deadline is February 1.
The final application deadline is April 15.
- Complete the University of Iowa online Application for Graduate Admission and pay the application fee. ($100 for international applicants and $60 for U.S. applicants).
- Receive a HawkID and password. (Can take up to 15 minutes.)
- Complete the Pharmacy Supplemental Application.
Supporting Documents include:
- Pharmacy Supplemental Application
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Email addresses of 3 recommenders. The Office of Admissions will contact your recommenders and request that they send letters. Letters of recommendation may also be submitted via email to the Graduate Program Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or sent by regular mail.
- Please upload the supporting documents to the portal provided after completing your University of Iowa Application for Admission.
Requirements and Deadlines for the PhD Program
- U.S. Bachelor's degree or an equivalent degree from another country as determined by the University of Iowa Office of Admissions.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.00 or foreign equivalent as determined by the University of Iowa Office of Admissions.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) - No minimum score required. Institutional Code 6681.
- Minimum TOEFL score of 81 (if English is not your first language) or IELTS score of 7.0 overall with no individual score below 6.0. The TOEFL is waived if you have a U.S. Master's degree.
A non-refundable application processing fee of $100 for foreign applications (US currency) and $60 for U.S. or permanent residents is required of every applicant and must accompany your application in order for your request for admission to be considered.
For assistance or if you cannot upload your supporting documents, please email them to the Graduate Program office at email@example.com or mail them to the address below. For assistance call the Graduate Program Office at (319) 335-8797.
University of Iowa
College of Pharmacy Graduate Program
115 S. Grand Avenue, Room 306-1
Iowa City, IA 52242
Not ready to apply?
See our four areas of graduate study.