Quick Facts About the UI College of Pharmacy
- It's the fourth-oldest College of Pharmacy in a state-supported university.
- Its Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program is ranked 17th in the nation.
- Half of all of Iowa's practicing pharmacists graduated from the UI College of Pharmacy.
- Alumni practice in 96 of 99 Iowa counties.
- UI pharmacy students receive mentorship and instruction from more than 600 practitioners in Iowa.
Also consider some key information about the University of Iowa to see why it could be a great match for you.
About the University and Surrounding Community
The University of Iowa community offers a wide variety of cultural opportunities, Big Ten athletic events, and a variety of businesses (often based on scientific and educational research that originated at Iowa).
Iowa City frequently tops “best-place-to-live” listings in national magazines, due to its excellent public schools; close, safe, and comfortable neighborhoods; and highly educated population. Iowa venues host major poets, writers, artists, historians, scientists, and others throughout the year. In summer, downtown Iowa City comes alive with weekly city-sponsored live music performances.
If nature helps you refresh your mind, body, and spirit, the UI is close to what you crave. Numerous parks exist on or near campus, and the Iowa River and bike trails run through it. This is a great place to walk, bike, and boat.