Congratulations to the following UI College of Pharmacy alumni, faculty, colleagues, and students who were elected to positions or recognized for their achievements at the Iowa Pharmacy Association Annual Meeting, June 8-9, 2018.
- Connie Connolly, '92 BSPh, DeWitt, Iowa -- President-elect
- Sharon Cashman, '87 BSPh, Waverly, Iowa -- Trustee - Region 1
- William Baker, '79 BSPh, Iowa City, Iowa -- Trustee - At Large
- Craig Clark, '78 BSPh, Cedar Rapids, Iowa --Trustee - At Large
- Ashley Dohrn, '06 PharmD, Le Claire, Iowa -- Vice-Speaker, House of Delegates
- Michele Cooper, '79 BSPh, Eagle Grove, Iowa -- Bowl of Hygeia
- Morgan Herring, '09 R, Clinical Assistant Professor, Pharmacy Practice and Science -- Distinguished Young Pharmacist of the Year
- Christopher Clayton, '00 PharmD, Manchester, Iowa -- Health-System Pharmacist of the Year
- Grant Jerkovich, PharmD Candidate -- Karbeling Leadership Award
- William Wimmer, '13 Honorary Alumnus, Urbandale, Iowa -- Robert G. Gibbs Distinguished Pharmacist
- Sara Wiedenfeld, Clinical Assistant Professor, Pharmacy Practice and Science -- Best Poster Award, "Pharmacist led Medicare Annual Wellness Visits at a Family Medicine Clinic."
50 Year Pharmacists
- Jerry Donlon, '68 BSPh
- Gregory Hoyman, '68 BSPh
- Arden Jasper, '68 BSPh
- Ronald Mahrenholz, '67 BSPh, '69 MS
- Hazel Seaba, '71 MS
- Joel Shields, '68 BSPh
- Joseph Thompson, '68 BSPh
- David Batman, '68 BSPh
- Leman Olson, '13 Honorary Alumnus
- Jay Currie, '80 BSPh, '84 PharmD, Clinical Professor and Chair, Pharmacy Practice and Science, was recognized as an outgoing 9-year Iowa Pharmacy Association Foundation Board member.