The College of Pharmacy Staff Council is looking for 4-5 people to serve on the council. Please consider nominating someone (including yourself) to serve. We will be accepting nominations through January 25 and then will hold an election from January 29 to February 5. All people who are nominated by someone else will be contacted to verify their willingness to serve. Email nominations to Lisa DuBrava.
Some of the University of Iowa College of Pharmacy Staff Council’s activities during the past year have been:
- Coordinating Brown Bag Lunches
- Meeting with Dean Letendre
- Interfacing with University of Iowa Staff Council
- Regular representation at College Council meetings
- Review of ACPE PharmD accreditation standards affecting staff
In the next year, we plan to continue many of these activities as well as work on the following:
- Take an active role in analyzing the College of Pharmacy’s Working @ Iowa survey results and encourage positive change from those results
- Create and implement a process for welcoming new staff to the College of Pharmacy
Service on the University of Iowa College of Pharmacy Staff Council gives you the opportunity to:
- Become better acquainted with your colleagues within the College of Pharmacy
- Improve working environment
- Provide direct feedback regarding College of Pharmacy operations and activities
- Possibly serve as the representative to the University of Iowa Staff Council (elected by UICOP Staff Council)
As a member of the University of Iowa College of Pharmacy Staff Council, you will be expected to participate in regular standing meetings (approximately 1 hour per month) as well as project-specific meetings (an average of 3 hours per quarter).