College of Pharmacy Students Win Hawkeye Awards
Several College of Pharmacy students were recognized for outstanding achievements at the 2012 Hawkeye Awards. The awards ceremony, held on April 25, recognizes the accomplishments of student organizations, student organization leaders, student organization advisors, and campus partners.
Winners from the college of pharmacy included:
- Amanda Lefler, University of Iowa Pharmacy Recovery Network – Unsung Hero
- Jennifer Cardines, Kappa Psi – Outstanding Contribution to the Greater Community (by a student leader)
- Pamela Wong, American Pharmacists Association – Academy of Student Pharmacists – Leadership Legacy
Additionally, an organization founded by PharmD Student Brooke Hofmeyer and her husband took home two awards. Hawkeye Ballroom Dance won Most Improved Student Organization and Outstanding Student Organization.
The following individuals and organizations were also nominated.
- Deanna McDanel, Kappa Psi – Outstanding Student Organization Advisor
- Phi Lambda Sigma – Most Improved Student Organization
- Pamela Wong – Engage Meet the Challenge Award