The Summer 2017 version of HawkScripts Magazine had the theme: From Iowa to the World: The University of Iowa College of Pharmacy impacts the world. In turn the college is shaped by its global connections.
Visit the magazine for the following articles:
- Iraqi Couple has Endured, Achieved Much (page 2)
Since Ali Al-Jumaili and Kawther Ahmed arrived on the University of Iowa campus nearly six years ago, they have enriched each academic department, the college, and the university with their talents.
- From Iowa to the World (page 6+)
- Our Students Abroad (6-10)
- Pharmacy Students Learn from India's "Father of Palliative Care" (9)
- A Global Family (22 countries represented in the college) (10)
- Our Global Faculty (11)
- Abrons' Research, Teaching Shaped by Global Experiences (page 12)
Jeanine Abrons has carved out a unique career, guided by her mentors, family, children, friends, happenstance, and her own heart.
- College of Pharmacy Expands Palliative Care Program (page 22)
In the spring of 2017, the UI College of Pharmacy expanded its offerings in palliative care with two new programs — a certificate in palliative care within the Doctor of Pharmacy curriculum and a PGY2 residency in pain management and palliative care pharmacy.