Louis C. Zopf
Louis C. Zopf came to the College of Pharmacy in 1924, following two uncles who previously graduated from the pharmacy program at Iowa. He became interested in pharmacy when he was only 11 years old, and worked in the A.J Gibson Pharmacy in Marengo, Iowa, until her became a registered pharmacist in 1926. Upon graduation, he worked at the Lent Pharmacy in Vinton, Iowa, but left to take an instructorship and manager position in the newly formed Drug Service Department at the College of Pharmacy. The department has since developed and grown extensively, due in large part to Zopf’s planning and leadership. As Dean, Zopf was largely responsible for directing the construction of the first College of Pharmacy building on the west side of campus.