Ambulatory Care Pharmacist - Komoto Healthcare
The Ambulatory Care Pharmacist provides pharmaceutical care services using approved protocols in collaboration with other health professionals. This includes managing drug therapy, providing patient education, and preparing and/or overseeing the preparation and dispensing of medications.
The Ambulatory Care Pharmacist promotes high quality, evidence based, cost-effective pharmaceutical care. He/she performs these duties in the clinical areas assigned. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Works as part of an interdisciplinary team consisting of other healthcare providers (i.e. physicians, nurses, etc) and healthcare staff.
• Upholds Synergy Pharmacy Solution’s policies and procedures, principles of responsibilities, and applicable state, federal and local laws.
• Conducts patient medication history inquiries upon referral from physicians and other medical personnel.
• Synthesizes a treatment plan based on a given diagnosis, which may include drug therapy and lifestyle modifications, and transitions within the continuum of care settings.
• Identifies, resolves, and prevents potential and actual medication-related problems including: untreated indications, improper drug selection, sub-therapeutic dosage, overdose, failure to receive medication, adverse drug reactions, drug interactions, and medication without indication.
• Under protocol, initiates, adjusts, monitors, and recommends changes in drug therapy based on information obtained through patient interviews, objective monitoring parameters, review of drug profiles and the patient medical record.
• Coordinates and interprets laboratory monitoring of drug therapy, including serum drug levels, electrolytes, and other approved drug-related laboratory testing.
• Provides patient monitoring for the purpose of evaluating and optimizing patient outcomes, drug utilization and patient compliance, detecting and/or minimizing ADRs, eliminating unnecessary drug use and duplication.
• Provides patient education related to the individual's disease state, including predictable actions, side effects, reasons for proper compliance, and any special instruction.
• Ensures ongoing performance improvement of the pharmaceutical care services provided.
• Provides education to providers and staff via presentations, newsletters, formal utilization reviews, and one-on-one interactions.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Doctor of Pharmacy Degree (Pharm.D.), issued by an accredited school of pharmacy
• ASHP-accredited pharmacy residency, or 3 years experience, or board certification (preferred).
• Currently licensed and in good standing with the California State Board of Pharmacy.
• Comprehensive knowledge of current pharmacological/biopharmaceutical principles, medical terminology, pathologies, disease state management, age appropriate therapy, and other information as pertains to medical or pharmaceutical care management plan.
• Expertise in drug utilization review.
• Knowledge of all applicable Federal/State laws/regulations regarding delivery of pharmacy services and scope of practice of a pharmacist.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
• Self-directed and motivated.
• Maintains a professional image.