The eSyllabus© system is an in-house application designed to produce a standardized syllabus with integrated curricular mapping at the time of creation and re-mapping with syllabus modification. This tool provides a standardized PDF syllabus, templated text for required elements, linkage of course objectives to learning outcomes and assessment methods, and mapping of delivered content to ACPE Appendix 1, the NAPLEX Blueprint, and teaching methods. These elements facilitate customizable course and curriculum mapping reports.
- Real-time integration and updating of curricular mapping into the course development and delivery process.
- Ability to develop and modify course design with greater attention to learning outcomes.
- Superior visibility of the link between course activities and learning outcomes.
- Syllabus consistency utilizing common taxonomy between courses.
- Immediate map generation.
- Identification of problems with the mapping process itself (e.g. outcome “over-reporting” from too many course learning objectives).
Current Project Status
eSyllabus is available for use at: http://esyllabus.pharmacy.uiowa.edu.
Below are some of the updates that are already planned for the eSyllabus system:
- On-demand mapping reports
- Update curriculum mapping interface
- General usability updates
- Add Required Software as a type of Instructional Material
- Add ability to upload PDF attachments to syllabus
- Syllabus Archiving
Please direct any questions or feedback regarding the eSyllabus system to Lisa DuBrava.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get to the eSyllabus system?
Go to esyllabus.pharmacy.uiowa.edu. If you are off campus you will need to enter your HawkID and password.
Who has access to the eSyllabus?
Currently, all faculty and staff have access to the system. It is understood that people will only edit the syllabi that pertain to their course.