Jobs for Pharmacists
Mercy Medical Center
Friday, October 24, 2014
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
250 Mercy Drive
Dubuque, IA 52001
- Demonstrates specific customer focused behaviors.
- Supports and abides by all MMC departmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Acts in professional manner reflecting the mission, philosophy, and values of MMC.
- Performs dispensing functions; interprets physician orders, reviews therapy for age and appropriateness, dispenses medications, checks patient trays, compounds miscellaneous drug products, etc.
- Directs IV additive system; prepares profiles and labels, compounds IV admixtures utilizing aseptic technique, dispenses, IV’s, etc.
- Participates in clinical pharmacy activities under the guidance of the clinical coordinator (pharmacokinetics, drug information, D.U.E. facilitating educational programs, etc.).
- Maintains current knowledge of departmental policies and procedures as well as state and federal regulations and maintains any documentation required by the same.
- Consults and advises nursing, allied health, home health care, medical staff, and patients on drug therapy.
- Supervises work of pharmacy personnel as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Demonstrates activity to impact change within your department and with other departments.
- Promotes and establishes effective relationships within the department, with other departments, physicians, and with hospital guest and clients.
- Takes an active role in enhancing abilities to carry out job functions through personal and professional/job-related growth and development.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy.
- Licensed to practice pharmacy in the State of Iowa.
- Previous hospital experience in unit-dose, IV additive and clinical pharmacy programs is desirable.