PharmD Application Procedures
Before you enroll in the PharmD Program at the University of Iowa College of Pharmacy, you must have had satisfactorily completed all pre-professional coursework, and at least 12 semester hours of general education electives (you can take 1 core science and 1 elective course the summer before matriculating).
To apply for the PharmD Program:
- Be on track to complete the pre-pharmacy coursework, by visiting our Pre-Pharmacy page.
- Apply via PharmCAS in the fall semester prior to the year in which you are seeking admission.
- Submit the required Supplemental Application, https://forms.pharmacy.uiowa.edu/OAASupplemental/New, and $50 fee by the January 1 application deadline. The non-refundable supplemental application fee must be sent in addition to any fees collected by PharmCAS.
- The Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) is required. Scores must be sent to PharmCAS (using code number 104). We will not accept scores sent directly to the University of Iowa. The test must be completed prior to the January 1 application deadline. Scores from the January 2018 PCAT will NOT be accepted for Fall 2017 admission. PCAT scores are valid for 2 years.
- Two letters of reference are required. They should be processed through the PharmCAS application service.
- Personal interviews will be required. Candidates will be contacted by the college if selected for an interview.
To Apply for Graduate-level Work:
See our How to Apply to Our Graduate Program page.