Why should you consider the UI College of Pharmacy? The college is nationally and internationally recognized for driving innovations in advanced pharmacy practice and health services research with acknowledged prominence in drug discovery and development. Our students, graduates, and faculty maintain a legacy of leadership in healthcare at the state, national and international levels. The UI College of Pharmacy is a national model of pharmacy integration within an academic health science campus.
Livability.com recently named Iowa City the nation's No. 2 best place to live.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked our Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program #17 among 138 programs nationwide.
- The UI College of Pharmacy is building a new, state-of-the-art facility expected to open in spring of 2020.
- PharmD graduates seeking a residency (PGY1) position in 2017 matched at a rate of 82%, compared to 67% nationally.
- The college has a new, forward-thinking PharmD curriculum: the Learning and Living Curriculum.
- Over 600 preceptors enrich PharmD student learning in 20 states and five countries.
- The college offers seven core international rotations: Belize, Dominica, Jamaica, South Korea, two locations in Japan, and Romania.
- Students are encouraged to discover their own excellence and pave unique paths.
- Students give back to the community and are involved in state and national associations.
- Alumni are engaged and supportive.