Quick Facts About the UI College of Pharmacy
- U.S. News & World Report ranked the UI College of Pharmacy Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program #17 among 138 programs nationwide.
- The UI College of Pharmacy is building a new facility with a completion date set for spring 2020.
- An innovative, forward-thinking PharmD curriculum kicked off in the fall of 2015, titled "Learning and Living Curriculum".
- 621 preceptors enrich UI College of Pharmacy student learning in 20 states and five countries.
- The UI College of Pharmacy offers seven core regularly-occurring international rotations: in Belize, Dominica, Jamaica, South Korea, two locations in Japan, and beginning in 2017, Romania.
- UI Pharmacy graduates seeking a residency (PGY1) position in 2016 matched at a rate of 90%, compared to 68% nationally.
Also consider some key information about the University of Iowa to see why it could be a great match for you.
About the University and Surrounding Community
Iowa City features a college-town atmosphere with big-city cultural events that are attractive to both locals and students."
~Livability.com, which has named Iowa City the No. 2 best place to live
The University of Iowa community offers a wide variety of cultural opportunities, Big Ten athletic events, and a variety of businesses (often based on scientific and educational research that originated at Iowa).
Iowa City frequently tops “best-place-to-live” listings in national magazines, due to its excellent public schools; close, safe, and comfortable neighborhoods; and highly educated population. Iowa venues host major poets, writers, artists, historians, scientists, and others throughout the year. In summer, downtown Iowa City comes alive with weekly city-sponsored live music performances.
If nature helps you refresh your mind, body, and spirit, the UI is close to what you crave. Numerous parks exist on or near campus, and the Iowa River and bike trails run through it. This is a great place to walk, bike, and boat.