These policies should be noted by students wishing to transfer credits from another institution.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Office of Academic Affairs at 319-335-8795 or at email@example.com
- The University of Iowa reserves the right to determine whether or how coursework completed at other institutions may transfer to the University of Iowa College of Pharmacy.
- The University of Iowa Rhetoric requirement typically may be fulfilled by completion of English Composition I, English Composition II, and a speech or public speaking course, or their equivalents.
- Labs are required for the following science courses: Physics (either high school or college), Principles of Chemistry I and II, Principles of Biology I and II, and Microbiology.
- Labs are not required for the following science courses: Organic Chemistry I and II, Human Anatomy and Human Physiology.
- A full year of introductory biology for majors is required to be completed, with both/all courses taken at the same college or university. Certain upper level biology courses with labs may be substituted for introductory biology courses at the discretion of the Office of Academic Affairs.
- A full year of combined Human Anatomy & Physiology may be substituted for separate Human Anatomy and Human Physiology courses.
- Human Anatomy (or Human Anatomy & Physiology I) is required. Other anatomy courses will only be approved if significant coverage of human anatomy can be documented.
- The Human Physiology requirement may be fulfilled with Human Physiology, Human Anatomy & Physiology II, Principles of Physiology, Animal Physiology, Vertebrate Physiology or Mammalian Physiology. Exercise Physiology, Pathophysiology, Environmental Physiology, Cellular Physiology or similar courses are NOT accepted.