Zada Cooper Leadership Seminar held May 4, 2021
Featured presentations included;
Sandra Leal, PharmD, MPH, FAPhA, CDCES, President, American Pharmacists Association, Executive Vice President, Tabula Rasa HealthCare,
"Advocating for Equity: It All Begins with You." Leal shared her path to leadership and discuss gender equity and the importance of support for underserved communities/access to healthcare.
Helen Eddy, '82 BSPh, MBA, Director, Polk County Health Department, "Lessons Learned: COVID-19." Eddy shared her leadership journey and COVID-19 lessons learned during the pandemic, including health equity and social determinants and vulnerabilities.
The Zada Cooper Legacy of Leadership strives to:
- Inspire others to engage and model inclusive leadership;
- Encourage all healthcare providers to become involved in their profession and community;
- Increase awareness of current and emerging leadership challenges;
- Facilitate and promote connections – students, residents, and practitioners to engage in informal conversation with leaders;
- Inspire participants to reach out to become compassionate and inclusive leaders; “Big L,” or “Little L;”
- Introduce varying leadership pathways and thoughts on leadership;
- Collaborate and build diverse networks.