Zada Cooper Leadership Seminar on May 4 @ 4:00 pm
Sandra Leal, PharmD, MPH, FAPhA, CDCES, President, American Pharmacists Association, Executive Vice President, Tabula Rasa HealthCare
"Advocating for Equity: It All Begins with You"
Leal will share her path to leadership and discuss gender equity and the importance of support for underserved communities/access to healthcare.
Helen Eddy, '82 BSPh, MBA, Director, Polk County Health Department
"Lessons Learned: COVID-19"
Eddy will discuss her leadership journey and COVID-19 lessons learned during the pandemic thus far, including health equity and social determinants and vulnerabilities.
The UI College of Pharmacy is pleased to offer a virtual leadership seminar on May 4, 2021. On behalf of the Zada Cooper Leadership Committee, you are invited to attend the seminar, broaden your knowledge and experience, and honor Zada Mary Cooper’s legacy!
The Zada Cooper Legacy of Leadership strives to:
- Inspire others to engage and model leadership;
- Encourage all healthcare providers (practitioners, researchers, students, residents, and academicians) to become involved in their profession and community;
- Increase awareness of current and emerging leadership challenges;
- Facilitate and promote connections – students, residents, and practitioners to engage in informal conversation with leaders;
- Inspire all participants to reach out and become leaders; “Big L,” or “Little L;”
- Introduce varying leadership pathways and thoughts on leadership;
- Collaborate and build networks.