Why should I consider the UI College of Pharmacy?
- U.S. News & World Report ranked our Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program #18 among 143 programs nationwide.
- Faculty, staff, and students moved into a new, state-of-the-art facility in January 2020 where collaboration and community building are emphasized.
- Iowa has been named a 'Top 10 Best States to Be a Pharmacist.'
- Over 1000 preceptors enrich PharmD students learning in 18 states and 4 countries.
- The College has a collaborative, integrated, and forward-thinking PharmD curriculum where students are involved in their own learning.
- You'll gain a strong foundation in science with a research component, learn to work with other health-science students, explore career choices and exposure to ample leadership opportunities.
- There are many chances to learn and grow while working with international communities, including Belize, Dominica, Japan and Romania.
- Students are encouraged to discover their own excellence and pave unique paths.
- Students give back to the community in many ways -- immunization clinics, educational booths, advocacy outings, and medication safety outings, to name a few.
- Over 5,600 alumni are supportive and live in all 50 states and 16 countries.
2023 PGY1 Phase 1 & 2 Residency Match Rate
National Match Rate = 76%
3-year average of graduating within four years.
The College boasts a top twenty ranking out of 143 pharmacy schools nationwide.
"From day one, I immediately felt part of the Iowa pharmacy family; I was a person with a name,
backstory, and aspirations."
M. Peck, '20 PharmD
Pharmacy Is Right For You!
Pharmacists use their medication expertise to treat patients, collaborate with other health care professionals, promote population health, and manage pharmacy systems.
- Great communicators
- Stand-out leaders
- Interested in life-long learning
- Good problem solvers
What do Pharmacists Do?
- Advise patients
- Monitor patients' health
- Advocate for medication safety
- Compound medications
- Give immunizations
- Ensure accurate medication and dosage
- Manage, consult on the side effects of medication
- Conduct health and wellness screenings
- Collaborate with healthcare providers