Michael E Ernst
Michael E Ernst, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS
- Clinical Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science / Division of Applied Clinical Sciences
- Adjunct Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Department of Pharmaceutical Care
- Founder and Director, Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring Consult Service, Family Care Center
- Clinical Pharmacist – Anticoagulation Case Management Service, Family Care Center
- Clinical Pharmacist – Geriatrics Assessment Clinic, Department of Family Medicine
- Clinical Pharmacist – Family Medicine Clinic, Department of Family Medicine
Received his Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the University of Iowa in 1997, followed by completion of a specialized residency in Family Medicine at the University of Iowa. He has a secondary appointment in the Department of Family Medicine, where his practice area encompasses both the outpatient and inpatient settings where he is engaged in direct patient care, as well as traditional provision of drug information and pharmacotherapy consultation to physicians and allied health care providers in the clinic. He maintains active practice and research interests in the areas of hypertension and geriatric patient care.
In addition to his patient care responsibilities in the Department of Family Medicine in Iowa City, Dr. Ernst is also a consultant clinical pharmacist at the Unity Point Mt. Vernon Family Practice Clinic in Mt. Vernon, Iowa, where he provides outpatient anticoagulation services.
Dr. Ernst has published numerous review articles, research articles, book chapters, and monographs encompassing a broad array of topics commonly encountered in the primary care setting.