If you wish to transfer credits from another institution, please review policies below.
If you have additional questions, feel free to contact the Office of Professional Education at 319-335-8795.
- The University of Iowa reserves the right to determine whether or how coursework completed at other institutions may transfer to the University of Iowa College of Pharmacy.
- The University of Iowa Rhetoric requirement typically may be fulfilled by completion of English Composition I, English Composition II, and a speech or public speaking course, or their equivalents.
- Labs are required for the following science courses: Principles of Chemistry I and II, Principles of Biology I and II, and Microbiology.
- Labs are not required for the following science courses: Organic Chemistry I and II, Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, and Physics.
- A full year of introductory biology for majors is required to be completed, with both/all courses taken at the same college or university. Certain upper level biology courses with labs may be substituted for introductory biology courses at the discretion of the Office of Professional Education.
- A full year of combined Human Anatomy & Physiology may be substituted for separate Human Anatomy and Human Physiology courses.
- If you have questions about how your courses will transfer, please check below, or refer to the University of Iowa Transfer Equivalencies Guide. You may also contact the Director of Admission.
- Des Moines Area Community College
- Eastern Iowa Community College District
- Hawkeye Community College
- Illinois Valley Community College
- Indian Hills Community College
- Iowa Central Community College
- Iowa Lakes Community College
- Iowa Western Community College
- Joliet Junior College
- Kirkwood Community College
- North Iowa Area Community College
- Northeast Iowa Community College
- Northwest Iowa Community College
- Southeastern Community College
- Southwestern Community College
- Western Iowa Tech Community College