- Flyers may be hung on the PODS bulletin boards. Posting in any other CPB space is not permitted.
- Send an email to Holly Lauer (email@example.com) for possible advertisement on collegiate social media accounts (if appropriate).
- Send an email to COP students.
- The hallway outside of 151, 155, 157 CPB may be used to set up a table for your event. Please include this information on your Campus Labs/Engage form.
- OPE tables are located in the closet of the 110 Lobby and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Tables and chairs from the 100AB classroom cannot be moved.
Please arrange for payment/pickup in the PODS areas.
How Do I...
- Authorized officers may check out a P-card for student org use. Please contact your student org to inquire about authorized officers.
- Fill out the P-card form through Campus Labs/Engage.
- You will be contacted if there is an issue with your submittal.
- P-card pickup/checkout is available in the OPE office (231 CPB) during regular business hours.
- Please let staff know if you will be using the P-card for more than 2 hours.
- All P-cards must be returned by 4:30 p.m. each day and are not allowed for overnight checkout.
- Contact OPE or Brian Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions on P-card policies.
- Prior to travel, fill out the Student Travel Form and email to email@example.com.
- All receipts should be emailed to Brian Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send emails to COP-STUDENTALL@list.uiowa.edu for approval. A minimum of 24-hour notice is needed. Emails will be approved within one business day.
- General fundraiser emails will be forwarded by OPE staff to the Faculty/Staff listserv when appropriate.
Professional Outreach Development Societies (PODS)
- Student mail, basic office supplies, lockers, printers, kitchenettes are included in the PODS areas.
- The PODS Mayors should be contacted with questions or supply needs.
- Boerner: Hoyt DeVolder
- Cooper: Keitasha Arnold
- Kuever: Fev Foxe
- Teeters: Nathan Merten
- Fill out the required form through Campus Labs/Engage for approval.
- If you are requesting a College of Pharmacy (COP) room for your event, you will also need to send an Outlook calendar/room request. Please see instructions below.
- You can access the CPB (College of Pharmacy Building) calendars through Outlook desktop or Outlook online (available via the Microsoft 365 link on MyUI or at the bottom of the University of Iowa website).
- Consult the list of CPB classrooms and conference rooms where reservations are accepted.
- All time/date/room changes should be made through Outlook.
- OPE (Office of Professional Education) tables are located in the closet of the 110 Lobby and available for events on a first-come, first-serve basis. Tables and chairs from the 110AB classroom cannot be moved.
- Click on the calendar icon → then "Add Calendar" from the top toolbar → choose "From Room List" → enter the room code RES-CPB-room number (when you enter RES-CPB, the room list will populate)
- To submit a room request, click on "New Meeting" in the top toolbar
- Enter your event details, including the room code in the location tab (click on "Location" and enter RES-CPB-room number)
- If this is a recurring meeting, select "make recurring"
- Send when complete
- Click on the calendar icon → then "Import Calendar" from the left-hand side → choose the "From directory" option at the bottom of the left-hand side → enter the room code RES-CPB-room number (when you enter RES-CPB, the room list will populate) → choose the room and "Add"
- To submit a room request, click on the time within the calendar or the "New Event" blue button on the top toolbar
- Enter your event details, including the location room code (RES-CPB-room number)
- If this is a recurring meeting, use the dropdown in the "Repeat" section → select "Custom" for more options
- Save when complete
Contact University Scheduling at email@example.com to submit a request for a COP room.
- A list of the CPB rooms where food is allowed can be viewed here. Please see the CPB Food and Drink Policy for details.
- Frequently used spaces include:
- 110 Lobby: reserved through Outlook (RES-CPB-110-Lobby)
- 210 Lobby: included when 210 CPB is booked
- CPB Conference rooms: reserved through Outlook (available during regular business hours)
- PODS (Professional Outreach Development Societies): no reservations
- Rooms in the Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Building use the abbreviation "PHAR". The rooms S538 PHAR, S543 PHAR, S552 PHAR can be reserved through Outlook (RES-PHAR-room number)
Where Can I...
- There are printers available in the PODS for student use. IT should be contacted with any printer issues.
- If printing for a student organization, University Printing should be used with the student org account.
- PODS areas (rooms 245, 247, 255, and 253 CPB) are excellent places to eat lunch.
- You can also eat in the lobby and atrium spaces located on the first and second floors.
- Classrooms 151, 155, 157 CPB have also been designated as spaces where food can be eaten when not reserved for classes or events.
- To keep our building beautiful, please clean up after yourself and others and dispose of food containers in the trash and recycling bins in the hallways.
- Students can reserve study spaces in the same manner you reserve rooms for meetings and events (see above instructions).
- Classroom 250 CPB has been designated as a quiet study space that is available to students to use anytime, 24/7 (unless otherwise posted).
- Any classroom, when not in use can be used as a study space.
- Lobby and atrium spaces are also available for study.
- Lost & Found items should be turned into an OPE staff member in 231 CPB.
- Items not picked up by the end of each semester will be donated.