Several College of Pharmacy students will give oral and poster presentations on their research at the annual Jakobsen Graduate Conference on Saturday, March 28, 2015.
The Jakobsen Conference was established in 1998. It is held every spring semester to provide a public forum for presentations from University of Iowa graduate students and foster interdisciplinary communication between the departments on campus.
- Jacob Simmering: Fungal Infection Outcomes and Hospital Volume
- Ana Ferreira: Activity of the LAT‐2 Transporter in the Nasal Mucosa and its Role in the Uptake of Gabapentin
- TJ Sayre: The Human Microbiota and Pharmacotherapy
- Amal Ayyoub: Population Pharmacokinetic Parameters of Pyronaridine in Pediatric Malaria Patients
- Megan Kelchen: Beta‐Blocker Loaded Nanoparticles for Topical Treatment of Infantile Hemangiomas
- Carlos Peroza: Factors Affecting the Alkaline Hydrolysis if Carbaryl in the Presence of Cetyl Trimethylammonium Bromide (CTAB) Micelles: Role of Anionic and Nonionic Surfactants
- Courtney Converse: Micropore Closure Kinetics are Delayed Following Microneedle Insertion in Elderly Subjects
- Katharyn Stange: Timolol‐Loaded Particles for Topical Treatment of Infantile Hemangiomas
- Wisam Al‐Bakri: Uptake of Atrazine from Commercial Herbicides Products Across Nasal Tissues
- Justine Delgado: Effect of Fluoroquinolone N‐1 Substituents on DNA binding and Mechanism of Topoisomerase Inhibition.
- Sachin Gharse: Development of novel inhalation formulations for eradication of Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms
- Bharath Kumar Gowdampally: Interaction of Polymeric Particles with Lung Surfactant System
- Namita Sawant: Deposition Patterns of Nasal Sprays in Pediatric Patients
- Daniel Schenck: Submersion and transport of deposited microparticles at a surfactant interface on model mucus hydrogels