PGY1 Community Pharmacy Residency
Thank you for your interest in the UI College of Pharmacy PGY1 Community Pharmacy Residency Program.
Why complete the PGY1 Community Pharmacy Practice Residency Program through the UI College of Pharmacy?
- The Iowa program was the first multi-site community residency accredited by ASHP/APhA, and has a track record of producing successful graduates since 1997.
- Accredited by ASHP/APhA as a Postgraduate Year One (PGY1) Community Pharmacy Residency Program
- Iowa is nationally known for its level of community-based pharmaceutical care practice
- Work with nationally known, innovative practitioners and college faculty
- Experience pharmacy business models that reimburse the pharmacist for patient care activities
- Match your individual interests and needs to the broad-based experiences available at one of six unique practices
- Become part of a network of innovative pharmacists and a critical member of the pharmacy practice site provider team
- Participate in the Pharmacy Educator Preparation Program for Residents (PEPPR), and gain valuable teaching experiences within the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) curriculum.
- Mentored by UI faculty research advisors to develop and conduct residency projects
- Participate in peer-review writing group facilitated by UI faculty members
Read more about the UI College of Pharmacy PGY1 Community Pharmacy Practice Residency Program
- PGY1 Community Pharmacy Residency Program Brochure
- Community Residency Programs Help Advance Pharmacy Careers (Drug Topics)
- Community Pharmacy Practice Residency Graduate Profile: Justin Wilson, PharmD (APhA)
- Community Pharmacy Practice Residency Graduate Profile: Justin Wilson, PharmD (Pharmacy Today)
- Community Pharmacy Practice Residency Practice Site Profile: Osterhaus Pharmacy